Intership at EPLO in Athens
As an international organization, EPLO is characterized by diversity. It is comprised of people from different backgrounds, cultures, work styles, values and ways of thinking. This is reflected in the Organization’s internship program, which offers opportunities in various areas, such as law, education, human rights, political science, international relations, public administration, human resources, IT, media, finance, communication, marketing, web developing, web design and library support services.
One of our successful programs is the internship program with duration from two to six months throughout the year. It is an innovative program combining training, work experience and culture. It attracts applicants from all over the world and allows students to gain a broad range of professional experience based both on their interests and the work assignments of the EPLO, while enjoying the rich culture of Greece. The internship offer includes various cultural activities, educational visits and guided trips within Greece, like to the Acropolis Museum, Greek Parliament, the Offices of the European Parliament, Academy of Athens and excursions to Nafplio, Mycenae and Epidavros, among many other opportunities. The internships are held at the EPLO premises in Legraina, where we offer accommodation in our guesthouse overlooking the Aegean Sea and in close proximity to Cape Sounion Bay and the Temple of Poseidon.
We believe that our program makes our interns uniquely prepared to begin their professional lives in an increasingly globalized world. As Japan plays an important role globally, it might be interesting for your University authorities to propose to their students the possibility to traveling abroad and add a European dimension to their studies, gain professional experience in an international professional environment and improve their English. Students from International Relations, Law, Public Administration, and related fields would be particularly interested. Knowledge of English is mandatory, at least at the B1 level or equivalent, as it is the working language of the EPLO.
The organization of the EPLO Internship Program is based upon three pillars:
The training mainly includes courses presented by the EPLO officials on the objectives of their competence such as:
a. Professional Courses: The EPLO in brief, Human Rights projects, HR management, performance appraisal system, market research, organization of conferences and official events, protocol behavior, professionalism, interviewing skills, European projects, technical assistance projects, research, book reviews and more.
b. General courses : How the European Union works, presentation and communication skills, negotiation skills, management in work, official writing , administrative actions, dress code, how to form a CV and more.
B. Work experience
It refers to the everyday assigned work, within the scope of the EPLO activities, following the personal skills and interest of the student in the frame of the actual activities and needs of the Organization.
The interns are assigned to the EPLO staff, in order to be briefed with regard to work details and techniques. Usually the interns are rotated among staff members in order to develop a global understanding of the Organization and to come across the various areas of the EPLO activities. The intern’s work is continuously guided and supervised by the coordinator and the tutor. At the end of the internship the student is required to prepare a presentation, guided by the EPLO coordinator.
The EPLO program is offered in a wonderful country full of history and culture. Culture can be an added value for the intellectual development of the intern but also for his professional and social standing and behavior.
The Internship offer includes various cultural activities, such as:
- Elements of the Greek language
- Ancient Greek culture, basic information on philosophy, art, literature
- Educational Visits in the city of Athens, a city full of life
- A visit to the Acropolis Museum
- Daily excursions to Nafplio, Mycenae and Epidavros
- Visits to the Greek Parliament, English speaking guided tour
- Visit to the Offices of the European Parliament, English presentation by an official
- Participation in Conferences and events organized by the EPLO
- Also optional: cultural events organized by the EPLO
Knowledge of English is mandatory, at least at the B1 level or equivalent, as it is the working language of the EPLO. Knowledge of other languages, such as French, Russian, Spanish, and German are also an asset.
- Includes various cultural activities, educational visits and guided trips within Greece, like to the Acropolis Museum, Greek Parliament, the Offices of the European Parliament, Academy of Athens and excursions to Nafplio, Mycenae and Epidavros,
- Understand the functions, mission and management of an International Organization
- Be exposed to the Policy and Governance issues of the world
- Gain exposure to real-world problems not usually included in textbooks.
- Become adaptable and creative in a changing world.
- Use your experience to build a strong and marketable résumé. Evaluate specific careers and environments prior to committing to full-time employment
- Ease transition from being a student to entering the workforce.
- Increase self-confidence
- Grow personal and professional network
- Be able to apply knowledge, academic concepts, and principles in real world cases.
- Have personal growth experiences and exposure to different job opportunities.
-Further important benefits include: skill development, perspective, understand management procedures & structure, professional connections, academic credit, the opportunity to provide service to others
- Interns also profit from special prices on the EPLO Educational Programs.
During the Internship period the interns may reside at the guesthouse of the EPLO premises in Legraina, Sounion, subject to availability and payment of relevant fees (fees available upon request).
Students must pay a one-time administration fee of 200 Euros, which includes inter alia transportation from and to Athens airport, a city tour in Athens, an excursion in Greece, use of the library and other EPLO facilities.
A training and guidance fee is also applied for a minimum cover of working hours of the staff in order to train and guide the interns. Please find attached a financial breakdown.
Published on: None
74 applicants .
Intership at EPLO in Athens
From : Any time!
Duration : Flexible
Education : UNDERGRADUATE
Salary : No salary
Education : UNDERGRADUATE
No languages required.
European Public Law Organization
The EPLO is an International Organization based in Athens dedicated to the creation and dissemination of knowledge in the area of public law, governance and European Institutions. Further information about our Organization can be found on our website at http://www1.eplo.eu/. Further information about our program can be found at http://www1.eplo.eu/projects/21